We are all aware how useful the DRM batch client can be to automate manual DRM processes and jobs and how much time it saves! But it is not so nice to troubleshoot the errors that start happening as mostly when it happens (which is rarely though) it takes lot of time to resolve.
For example, let us take the below error message which greeted me one fine day:
"Error: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel"
We checked the database and everything looked fine - up and running. We checked with the Windows teams and Firewall teams, all ports appeared open and all connectivity is fine. Then on checking with the Database team it was discovered there was a scheduled database maintenance bounce that day at that specific time.
Since then all the subsequent jobs has also started giving invalid username password error. The authentication process in use was CSS with LDAP SSO. The issue finally got resolved after restarting the DRM services.