This is a guest post by Satish Vinukonda. The views expressed are of the author.
Hello Everyone, Greetings of the day for the people who are reading this.
My name is Satish and i am from Visakhapatnam, AndhraPradesh. Did my ILP here at Ahmedabad from 2016 batch.
I want to share my experiences and suggestions on ILP@Ahmedabad. This is one of the best ILP center, believe me you will come out of ILP with lots of memories.
Coming to the technical batches, they divide a batch of trainees in to LG’s(Learning groups) based on their respective domains. The domains are Java, Oracle, SAP, .NET, there are two places for training one is Tower-3 at Infocity and Garima Park, both are nearby walk able distance. On very first day you have to report at Tower-3, Auditorium. At Auditorium on First Day:
- HR will verify our documents
2.IRA1 & IRA2 exams are conducted
3.They will take photos for our Smart cards
4.Please carry passport size photographs with you least 10, and don’t carry any media like pen drives, hard disks with you, they are strictly prohibited.
5.They will divide us according to our domains and ask us to report the next day at our respective places i.e Tower-3 Or Garima Park
Most Java and .Net will sit at Garima Park remaining people will sit at Tower-3.
Read more: TCS ILP Guwahati Experience »
1.For Java the training is hard, but one can manage if he/she keep some effort. Believe me you have to attend many tests like PS1, PS2, IM, Servlets, Struts, Hibernate and a project. But don’t take tension everything will be fine
2..Net is also same as java but somewhat better
3.SAP is like heaven, no exams nothing only Presentations. One who get SAP can enjoy a lot. But SAP Abab will have exams.
4.Oracle is medium, if you keep a little effort you can clear it.
(ii) Business Skills:
The main thing which is common for every batch is “BUSINESS SKILLS” most important and take care while doing this on the very 2nd you may be asked to write on a topic and next Bizz lead will ask to give a talk on a topic in front of a camera. Guys take it serious, if you fail to clear this you have to face “Remedial” which may lead to “LAP” the extension of training period for 20 days. So please clear at first attempt… Bizz Classes are very important.
Remedial & LAP (Applicable for both Technical & BIZZ):
- Remedial is given to a trainee who did not do well in the technical and bizz. For technical if you are in remedial you have to give the exam again in which you are fail, sometimes you have to give VIVA also.
- One will get moved to LAP if he/she fails to clear the remedial. LAP means an extra period of training give to associates who are in LAP, that means after your training period (3 or 2 months) you have to stay there for extra 20 days, and they will not give you accommodation.
- In technical skills there is a less chance of getting in to LAP most one can clear in Remedial itself. But in Bizz skills LAP is common like they will give it to at least one person in a LG. So be careful with Bizz Skills.
2BHK, 4 people in one flat.
Boys: Before it was at Madhuram Greens, but now it is at Vedika Happy Valley, they will give us beds with a nice cushioned mattress, Cupboards and attached bathrooms. Bus facility will be given to all the associates from the stay to office
Girls: It is at infocity, i.e studio apartments, it is walk able distance for both offices.
Timing: You should be at the hostel before 10 PM , timing are perfect. Very strict environment with security guards. Morning you can go out after 6 AM.
- You can play Table Tennis at your hostel accommodation.
- At office, you can play Volley ball, Shuttle. For cricket, you can go to local grounds on weekends, but you should have your own kits and team to play.
- There is Gym facility for people who got Garima Park at their training location. For Tower 3 trainees, all you need to do is to get the SEZ pass from the Admin section on the basis of your doctor recommended Gym entry form.
One of the best places to explore Gujarat. Guys seriously don’t even waste a single weekend explore Gujarat. Here are some suggestions.
Places to visit: Inside Gandinagar & Ahmedabad- Akhardham(Water laser show), Indroda Zoo, Gandhi mandhir, Step well temple, Alpha one mall, Sabarmathi ashram, Sabarmathi river front, Kankaria Lake, Lal dharwaja.
Outside Gandhinagar- Great ran of Kutch, Kala Dhungra, Mandhvi Beach, Dwaraka, Nageshwar Jyothirlingam, Somanath Jyothirlingam, Daman & DIU, Gir Forest, Polo forest.
Rajasthan- Jaisalmer, Udaipur, Mt Abu.
There is private travel at infocity i.e “Virat Travels” one only best travels for all trips. All you need is to make group of least 30 or more and name the place he will give the package. Bargain with him for reduction of price and ask for complimentary. He will ask for head price and arranges bus, hotels, and food in my some trips. Guys you will get a lot of fun while trips, you can explore new places, new foods, new people and culture.
For going trips one have to apply weekend leave on your ILP site, timings are very important.
Garima Park food is good, and we have many food stalls at infocity which are very good and reasonable price. Hotels where you get a nice food are:
Paratha factory, Mr.Idly, Raj Bhojanalai, Chennai Kitchen, Biriyani House, Dawath, Sardar(Famous for Chicken Biriyani), Sam’s Pizza, Matharani…..etc….
All are for reasonable prices 50/60 unlimited meal. There are many restaurants to have different kind of foods. Guys you are in Gujarat, you get non veg at limited places and in every curry they mix sweet. People from south will suffer for few for adjusting that sweet mixed food. But you still get our food at INFOCITY.
In sector 16 you get a lot of veg food.
You will not find buses often in gandhinagar, because we don’t know the routes. UBER is best in gandhinagar, better than auto. Auto wala charges a lot.
Please mind the routes, because all roads are similar in Gandhinagar because it is a planned-built city.
For trips use Virat & Gayathri Travels, they offer you with best packages.
You can find different people from different places all over India sitting at one place, make friends quickly all will be very nice. Don’t quarrel with anyone, really you will find best people over there. Mingle with all, mainly with your LG mates, they will give a life full of memories. Don’t worry if you are from NON CS background there your co trainees will help you a lot, training is all about sharing knowledge at TCS, there you can become best buddies too. Literally you will cry when you leave the ILP, that many memories you will pack in your life.
- Dry state don’t try to drink the alcohol which you get in black, if found guilty termination is the next thing you have face.
- Don’t do any violating things at the stay, they will take it very serious actions.
- Spend your salary very smartly, you will get a less salary. Maximum spend on trips it’s worthy.
- You will get less salary during training period because they will deduct money for providing accommodation.
- If anyone concerned about their base location, try submitting medical documents of your parents stating they are dependent on you. Genuine reasons with proper documents may be considered and accepted.
- Don’t carry any media like pen drives, hard disks with you, they are strictly prohibited.
- Don’t try to take photos in the TCS premises, photography is strictly prohibited.
- All the best for the people who got their ILP at Ahmedabad. Have fun. Pack a lot of memories in your life.