Tata Consultancy Services is a leader in the software industry today. Even during these challenging times of COVID, TCS continues to deliver a strong performance. There is no reason why aspirants would not be proud to join this prestigious organization. The offer letters are distributed, and after they are accepted by the candidates, the joining dates are given to the candidates with a date and time. But often there is a delay before the joining date when there is a period of uncertainty. Let’s learn more about this.
Subscribe for $12 per year. Get TCS stories and updates.
- TCS NQT Practice Tests
- In-depth comprehensive analysis
- Ninja, Digital, Atlas, BPS, ITIS Mock Tests
- Monthly price of only a movie ticket
- 3000+ Practice Questions included
- Real-time feedback in every question
- Continuously updated database
- Unlimited access to Premium Articles
- Wide coverage of industry news
- Personal Guidance, Contact Me
NQT Registration Date
Apply for TCS NQT here. The Registration Last Date for the Sep exam is 4th Sep 2023.
TCS NQT Exam Date
The TCS NQT Exam Date 2023 is 16th Sep 2023 onwards. TCS NQT Results will be declared shortly after the exam.
TCS NQT Results
The TCS NQT Results are declared within 1 week of the TCS NQT Exam in the TCS official site.
Arts, Commerce, Science
The TCS BPS profile is for Arts, Commerce, and Science candidates.
The TCS profile is for candidates who are ready to support the IT infrastructure services operations.
The TCS contact email is email@example.com. The TCS contact phone number is 18002093111.
The TCS NQT exam has eligibility requirements. The TCS NQT Eligibility Checker Tool below will help you find if you can apply for the TCS NQT Exam.
🎁 Did you know Insight Crunch pays you for sharing your job experience? Get paid up to $30 for submitting your interview and job experiences. Learn more »
The joining process of TCS is completely managed by a robust process in their official portal. Hence, there is no confusion about the authenticity of every stage of the process. However, if you want to learn more how the joining date scenario works, download the below document.
Premium Section: Subscribe to Get Access to Premium Contents. Continue reading and start preparing with 3000+ questions and personal career guidance from Rahul. Read comprehensive Premium articles.
This document will give you an understanding of what factors influence the joining date. When there is a delay in the joining date, what can you do in the meantime to enhance your skills? How long should you wait? What effect can it have on your career? Learn about all these from the document above.
Dynamics of Joining Date
The joining date is the most coveted piece of information after you have accepted the offer letter from TCS. The above document is not an official document, but this will definitely give you an in-depth understanding of how the process works. This will help you determine and analyze your specific situation. How you can make the best decisions given your skills, strengths, and weaknesses, and come out winning from the situation. There can be various factors at play, the essence of surviving in the industry that you will get into depends on multiple factors. Also, it is important to note that this situation can also come in the future, but that does not mean it has to happen. What’s the best and worst in this scenario?
Tips after getting TCS Joining Date
What would you do after getting your joining date to make the most out of the situation? We cover all these details in the document above. There is no one fixed answer, but it varies according to your career aspirations and background. However, there are certain things you can always do and certain questions you can always ask that might help you understand yourself better. Knowing the answer to these questions will help you think more clearly. You can land a better skillset, you can get a decent project, you can learn many of the things you would end up loving. Thus even though there is a lot of uncertainty, there is still room for opportunity with strategic thinking and preparation.
Joining Date Batches Analysis
The joining dates are often categorized into batches based on various factors. The economic environment, industry performance, and various other metrics play a role that determines and directly or indirectly effects the joining date. In the document above, we learn and explore various such situations. Get the transparency and the confidence that comes with it during these times. Something that appears minimalist like a date often has a complex array of factors that determine and affect its feasibility. The different perspectives will help you understand the why, how, and most importantly, when.
Keep reading: Accenture vs TCS »
Training and HR completed. Till now no update received?
Since you have received your training and HR round also completed, you do have realistic chances to getting the offer letter that will confirm your official TCS offer. Email ILP training to understand the latest status of your candidacy. They should be your first point of contact to facilitate your joining process. Any delay and expected time frame regarding when you can receive your next update will be provided by them. Reach out to them, and hopefully you will get a nice update in a few days.
Received TCS Joining Letter. Is the training online or offline?
The TCS Joining Letter is the first step in your onboarding process. However, after getting the joining letter, you may have queries on how the training will be conducted. Unless otherwise mentioned, the TCS training will be conducted virtually, i.e. online which you will be notified through the official TCS process. If you are required to come to office, TCS will let you know that you have to come physically to your designated location by email separately. Follow the instructions that are mentioned in that email.
What are the TCS Joining and Hiring Process Timelines?
There are various activities during the joining process, and it is interesting to know the tentative timeline each of the activities take.
- Candidate Registration - This is the first step of the onboarding process. The candidate registration is the first date in the timeline. It officially marks the beginning of an entry into the system of Tata Consultancy Services. You provide all your details and required information to complete registration in the designated portals as instructed by TCS. Make sure to daily check this portal until the end of the process.
- Application Received - The Application Received stage is the next phase. This is basically what it says, that the application has been received by TCS. It also indicates that you have successfully filled out and provided all the requested details that was needed during the registration process. All the details that you have provided will be used in the next steps of the process.
- Applied for Drive - Your application for Drive might have been around the first week of the month of August. Be patient about the next steps from now as the time varies considerably between regions. Comment your location, current processing stage, the job profile you got selected for, and your dates for each of the stages below. The variations when viewed comprehensively says a lot about the ongoing processes.
- Candidate Batched - It might take near about 1-2 months for a candidate to get batched. This is based on a variety of factors like your background, domain, skill set requirements, macroeconomic factors, and other considerations. Download the Joining Date Guide above to learn how the industry functions and the related processes around it to sustain such an enormous pool of candidates.
- Offer Letter Generated - The next step is the generation of offer letter, that can take anywhere between 2-9 weeks. Once the offer letter is generated you can be assured that the next steps will commence shortly. The waiting period for TCS Offer Letter generation varies from weeks to months. The timeline varies for different batches and regions based on different factors.
- Offer Accepted - The next step is the acceptance of the offer letter. Without any delay on your part, this process is usually completed in 1-2 days. The TCS Offer Letter acceptance stage indicates that you have officially accepted the offer from TCS for the job position. This adds you to the eligible pool of candidates who are waiting for the TCS Training program called ILP, i.e. Initial Learning Program.
- ILP Eligible - The next step is getting eligible for ILP, which usually takes less than a week. This stage indicates that you have successfully met all the criterion set by TCS to declare candidates fit to join their Initial Learning Program. The system has approved all the preliminary requirements including your qualification, background checks, and offer letter processing. Now begins your waiting period to get called for TCS ILP.
- ILP Scheduled - The next step is when your ILP is scheduled. This is the Initial Learning Program that TCS uses to train its candidates during the initial onboarding process. This process can take as long as 10 months. For many candidates it took 2-4 months for this step of the process. Your joining will be around 1-2 weeks after you get the ILP scheduling date. Comment your questions you would like to ask.
- Joining Letter Generated - The next step is the generation of the TCS Joining Letter. This is usually generated the same time or within a few hours as your ILP scheduling date. Congratulations on successfully reaching this stage of the process! Reaching the TCS Joining Letter is indeed a great moment that you can take a while to cherish. But get ready and brush up your skills. Download my guides above.
- Joining Letter Accepted - The next step is the TCS Joining Letter acceptance that is dependent on the time taken to accept, and usually is completed by candidates in less than 1 day. This step is a formal acceptance of the TCS Joining Letter by the candidate. Keep your TCS Joining Letter in a safe place as there may be occasions in the future where you display it for verification.
Let’s take a look at the most recent TCS quarterly results performance. I use this to understand where the organization is headed and a general sense of understanding how the overall IT industry stands today. With the information from these quarterly performance announcements, we can also analyze the trend of hiring of employees, joining dates, salary hikes, project pipelines, new acquisitions, and global expansion strategies.
What current stage of TCS Joining are you in? Do you think your information will be helpful to others? What region are you from? What TCS profile have you been assigned? How was your assessment and interview experiences? How did you handle the challenging interview questions? Share this article and feel free to comment below.